星期六, 6月 20, 2020

A meditation journey - day 7

Just past midnight and that means the official entering of my second week of quarantine. Had a small fight with the hotel today. Few days ago I asked hotel if they are able to buy beer for me from the convenient store next door. In Taipei, the density of convenient store is world famous. There is basically convenient store at every corner of the city. Especially the hotel I am staying in is in a quite busy area. The hotel took my request and asked for 20% service fee for doing this for me. I finished the beer today and asked the hotel to buy beer for me again. This time they delivered the beer and gave me a price list of the drinks in hotel. A bottle of beer that cost around 30 NTD is now costing around 100 NTD. The hotel also told me that if I want to buy any drinks from now on, I can only buy it from the hotel using the hotel rate. Saying that they are not allowed to buy things from convenient store for the guests for health reason. What kind of bull shit is this? I chose a relatively expensive hotel to be my temporary home during the quarantine and expected that I would be able to get better environment and services. For more than 200 Euro a day they do not need to clean the room or change the towels and blankets. The food they are serving is also the same for all the guests so the cost is not so high. And now they are making up excuses to avoid work and rip off their guests. This is really disappointing. I see this as a huge lack of service mentality on the hotel part. All the guests staying in this hotel are people in quarantine. A hotel that is service oriented should think about how they can provide the guests a comfortable stay. A few days ago it was possible and now it is not possible and because of “health” related reason? What a disgrace.

P.s. I found out how to use the shower today. I just don’t know if I am too stupid or too smart to not able to understand how it works.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home